63、 Shopping for Medicine 买药
A:Hi, Kim. I haven’t seen you in ages.
你好,金姆。好久不见了。
B:Sara, hi, how’s it going? I have to pick up some cough medicine for my husband. He has a bad cough.
莎拉,你好吗?我来给我丈夫抓点咳嗽药。他咳嗽得很厉害,
A:How about this one here? It’ll help him sleep.
这个怎么样?对他的睡眠有好处。
B:Let me see. $15.99? ! What a rip-off !
让我看看。15.99元?!简直是敲诈!
A:This one is cherry flavored and won’t cause drowsiness.
这个是樱桃味,而且不会让人打瞌睡。
B:I’ll take that. And I need to get some aspirin, too.
我要那个吧。我还要一些阿斯匹林。
A:I have to get this prescription for my son. He has a cold as well.
我要给儿子抓药。他也感冒了。
B:I’m sorry to hear that. Would you like to get some coffee afterwards and catch up on things?
真是太不巧了。办完事后要不要来喝杯咖啡我们聊聊?
A:I’d love to, but I promised my son I’d be home right away. He’s really not feeling well and I left him home alone.
我当然乐意。但我答应过儿子马上回去的。他病得很厉害,我把他一个人留在家里。
B:Well, maybe some other time. I’ll give you a call.
好吧,或许可以另外再找时间。我会给你打电话的。
A:Yes, please do. Bye. And give my best to your husband. I hope he feels better too!
好,一定要打。再见。代我向你丈夫问好。希望他快点好起来。
B:I will. Catch you later!
我会的。以后再聊。
A:Excuse me, sir. I have a prescription to fill.
对不起先生,我要配药。
B:Would you prefer tablets or liquid form?
你要药片还是要汤药?
A:Tablets, please.
药片。
B:Here you go. Take them three times a day right after meals.
给你。每日三餐后服用。
A:Thanks a lot.
多谢了。
B:And remember, there’s a refill on this prescription.
记住,这个配方还要配一次。
额外成就感
医药英语
prescription 处方
* The doctor gave me a prescription for some medicine.
医生给我开了个去抓药的处方。
* I don’t think this prescription is strong enough.
我觉得这个处方药力不够。
refill 新补充物,替换物
* I’ve finished all these pills; I have to get a refill.
这些药都吃完了,我得再去抓点药。
* Refills on all soft drinks are free.
软饮料免费续杯。
drowsiness 睡意;困倦
* Since some medicines cause drowsiness, it’s best not to drive while taking them.
因为有些药会使人产生睡意,所以吃了药最好不要开车。
flavor 味道;风味
* Medicines used to taste bad, but now they come in many different flavors such as mint, cherry, and chocolate.
以前的药很难吃,但现在药物有很多种口味,像薄荷味、樱桃味和巧克力味。
* What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
你最喜欢吃什么口味的冰淇淋?